Current available jobs in Marketing:
POSITION TITLE: Social Media Strategist
DEPARTMENT: Digital Media
REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
POSITION LOCATION: Indianapolis
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Social Media Strategist for Indianapolis Motor Speedway is tasked with creating engaging content that promotes the historic nature of IMS and its epic events across the IMS digital channels. Additionally, the Strategist will also promote and help provide value to the sanctioning bodies and corporate sponsors associated with IMS. Social media is also used as an avenue for customer support. The Social Media Strategist will help triage with IMS fans with various internal stakeholders. The Social Media Strategist will work closely with the following groups IMS Marketing, Creative, Public Relations, Photo and Sponsorships.
- Create and execute content plans across digital channels that help promote attendance, sales and viewership of IMS events
- Using a creative eye, post appealing content that maintains the prestigious nature of IMS and its epic events
- Works with outside vendors in conjunction with internal departments to develop unique campaigns, promotions, sweepstakes, contests, games and other engagement tactics across IMS Digital channels
- Works in tandem with other departments to post relevant content Post content that supports viewership and brand awareness for the sanctioning bodies that participate in events at IMS during their seasons
- Creatively present brand messages and the brand itself in a positive manner
- Monitor buzz and sentiment as it relates to IMS and its associated events
- Leverage the use of social media to drive traffic to brand platforms, ex: IMS.com
- Works closely with IMS Sales and Partnerships to create new opportunities for partners and post content fulfilling obligations to IMS sponsors and stakeholders
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Work closely with IMS operations staff before an event to post information that helps fans have a positive experience while attending IMS
- Work closely with IMS operations staff during an event to provide real time feedback from customers on logistical issues; such as parking, concessions, facility maintenance and health care
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or Marketing from an accredited university/college is preferred
- A minimum of two to five years of professional experience in the social media industry, preferably within the sports/entertainment vertical
- The chosen individual must maintain high levels of integrity and confidentiality. They must be enthusiastic and committed to the company, the Vision, Mission and Values.
- The person who is selected for this position should be proactive, efficient, flexible, resilient, organized and a team player. Specific skills include:
- Must possess excellent writing, communication and proofreading skills
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples)
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Maintains an extensive working knowledge of current industry standards and best practices as they pertain to social and digital media
- Ability to switch between the creative side to the analytical side, demonstrating why ideas are analytically sound
- Identify new platforms and trends for the brand to join
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat, etc) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Skilled with the Adobe Creative Suite software, specifically Photoshop, Premier Pro and Illustrator.
- Has a technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Services techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- General office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Must be available to work event weekends and overtime
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. This position requires a minimum of 2 years' professional experience in the social media industry, preferably within sports/entertainment. Please summarize how your past experience meets or exceeds this requirement.
2. Which social media platforms are you most proficient?
3. Please provide links to your social media profiles. If links are provided in your resume, please indicate so here by typing "Please see resume."
4. Do you have permanent work authorization to work in the United States(you might have permanent work authorization as a U.S. Citizen, a Permanent Resident Alien, Refugee or Asylee, or as a Temporary Resident Alien under the Immigration Reform and Control Act)?(If "No," please explain and also note that proof of citizenship or immigration status will be required upon employment.)
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ