Current available jobs in Technical Services:
POSITION TITLE: Remote Television Engineer
DEPARTMENT: IMS Productions, Broadcast Operations
REPORTS TO: Director, Engineering
POSITION LOCATION: Indianapolis
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
IMS Productions is a premier, multi-faceted, multimedia production company located in Indianapolis, Indiana just across the street from the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway. We are comprised of two distinct divisions: our Productions Group, who work closely with clients to bring multimedia visions of all sorts to life, and our Mobile Unit Group who supply remote broadcast solutions to network television and other clients.
The Remote Television Engineer is responsible to work with the Engineer in Charge of the mobile unit. The Engineer is a support person for the EIC, Crew and Client. This position will work remotely from Indianapolis and is expected to learn the mobile unit with the goal of becoming an EIC in time.
- Great attitude and the willingness to be part of the team.
- Experience with IP Networks is preferred.
- Assists the EIC with the daily setup of events.
- Assists the EIC with daily maintenance of all mobile unit systems.
- Assist the technical crew with any technical problems related to IMSP owned or rented equipment.
- Must be willing to learn new equipment and systems.
- Maintains interior and exterior mobile unit in good working order and is responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of all systems on the unit.
- Ability to learn, study and become proficient in the areas:
- Ability to read and understand a basic wiring diagram
- Video signal flow
- Audio signal flow
- IP Networking
- Fiber cleaning and maintenance
- Setting up and striking mobile unit
- Learn the basics of HVAC systems
- Inventory of the assigned equipment to the mobile unit
- Set up of Switcher and Audio board
- Set up Audio Booth
- Transmission paths both Sat and VYVX
- Camera set up, maintenance and trouble-shooting of Camera Chain
- Intercom both 4 wire and 2 wire
- Power the mobile unit and also understand basic power systems
- Load Default router set
- Internet to the mobile unit along with phone lines
- Basic soldering and cable repair to include replacing connectors of all types
- Assists Production staff with show setup.
- As the IMSP on site representative, acts in accordance with the company's best interest.
- Maintains a courteous and professional attitude at all times.
- Customer Satisfaction is the number 1 priority
- Respond to client needs
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other employees and departments as well as the general public and clients.
- Additional duties assigned by IMSP leadership.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred. Minimum requirement of an Associate’s degree in Electronics or 2 plus years’ experience in a remote truck operation.
- Must have at least 1-2 years’ experience in Mobile Television.
- Experience with IP Networks is preferred.
- Organizational skills as well as the ability to supervise crews.
- Must be self-motivated and a good people person as well as a good problem solver.
- This position is based in Indianapolis and travel will be required for various events and any other client needs as required. The position requires flexibility due to being an event driven business. More than likely required to work extended hours, may frequently work at night, and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate a computer, mouse and keyboard, broadcasting equipment and other office equipment, as needed. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, climb and descend stairs, talk, hear, use hand to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms; see depth-perception. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 lbs. and on occasions may lift heavy objects weighing in excess of 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions are mainly inside of the remote truck, although outside work may need to be performed based on business demands. Must be adaptable to performing under frequent stressful conditions when confronted with an emergency.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. This position requires 1-2 years' experience in Mobile Television. Please summarize how your past experience meets or exceeds this requirement.
2. Do you have experience with IP Networks? Please explain.
3. Do you understand this position is based in Indianapolis, IN?
4. Do you have the availability to work nights, weekends and overtime when required?
5. Do you have permanent work authorization to work in the US (you might have permanent work authorization as a U.S. Citizen, a Permanent Resident Alien, Refugee or Asylee, or as a Temporary Resident Alien under the Immigration Reform and Control Act)?(If "No," please explain and also note that proof of citizenship or immigration status will be required upon employment.)
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ